Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 September 2022

Wet.

Lots of rain today.
I didn't sleep well last night so when I saw the morning deluge I decided not to go to the zoo today.
It became drier by lunchtime so I could have gone to the zoo but instead I did some work out in the garden. First I cleared the sugar-snap peas and the giant slightly slug nibbled radish from one of the vegetable beds and planted some of the sprouting seed potatoes. If they grow that will be great and if not it doesn't matter. Then I went to the front garden and cleaned off the last fourteen concrete bricks so now I can begin cementing the fancy blocks to the front of the raised beds. 
The black clouds had been looming for a while and eventually down came a lot more rain.
And then there was this spectacular double rainbow. I took the first photo from the terrace but then went out to the cliff to get a better view while still protecting my camera from the rain. 
I couldn't fit the whole thing in shot without moving further up the road but then I would have had the lamp post in the way.
This evening I went off for an evening of singing in Tal Y Bont. I like driving down the country road in the dark because it's easy to see if another car is coming but I wasn't so thrilled with the clumps of fog that were beginning to form in the road. But then ....... when I was right in the village I saw an otter running along the pavement trying to get through the fence into the holiday park. I stopped the car to watch it and also in case it got spooked and ran out in front of me but eventually it found a gap in the wire netting and disappeared from sight. That's the first time I've seen a live wild otter.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow what a great capture of the double rainbow!!! Hope you sleep better tonight.