Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 September 2022

Warm.

A warm, dry day with a lot of sunshine. 
I was able to fit in an hour's gardening before our Welsh zoom class. I was just setting up when somebody knocked on the door and rang the bell presumably for a delivery. I say presumably because by the time I opened the front door there was no one to be seen, not even a vehicle driving off. Most annoying. During the class the doorbell rang again so instead of rushing to the front door I just opened my study window and got the postman to hand me the parcel through the window.
After class I went straight out again. Peter said he'd go by the dump tomorrow so I neatened up the top of the hedge at the end of the garden, cut back a samll hydrangea I want to move and then cut down all the hypericum growing next to the neighbours' house. It had reached the top of the wall and though I didn't mind it as it was I know they plan to replace the gutter so I thought I'd be a good neighbour. I don't think planning regulations would allow you to build that close to a boundary wall these days but things were different back then.
After lots of time spent trawling through all the on-line options we finally decided on the bathroom sink. Though when it came down to it there weren't that many china sinks that sat flush with the top (no overhang) of a white gloss free-standing cupboard with doors rather than drawers and not overly ie designer, expensive in the size we needed. I hankered after a cupboard that had curving sides but the only one I found was almost double the price of the basic sink we chose. After all it's only a sink and cupboard. Then when I ordered it Microsoft Edge looked for discount vouchers and knocked off another £31. Don't know if that was real or just a gimmick but I'll take it.

Hardy geranium Roxanne.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The postman handing you the parcel through the window made me chuckle!!