Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 September 2022

Wet.

We had a grey start to the day but this time instead of brightening up it rained culminating in some very heavy showers later in the afternoon.
Back to the grindstone today as our Zoom classes start up once more. There was just time before class to bake a couple of chocolate marble cakes. I chose to make more of the chocolate cake but I'm not sure if that was a good idea. Half of the loaf will stay out for Peter, the other half and the ring will go in the freezer. I'n thinking to pour chocolate ganache over the ring cake when we have visitors to make it a bit more fancy.
The Zoom class today was a gentle easing back with quite a lot of admin to start. The whole class barring one person who left before the end of last year have returned and we've been joined by two new people. I had to run and answer the door halfway through class. It was our builder bringing round a sledgehammer for Peter to use to smash up the bath as so far he has only managed to knock a hole in the panel with his round head clubhammer.
I had hoped to go out for some gardening in the afternoon but the rain put paid to that. Instead I remade this sea glass hanging. I'd come to realise that the piece of driftwood that I'd chosen because it looked 'chunky' did in fact resemble dog poop. Not the best look to have hanging in your window. Today I carefully sawed and dug out the strands of fishing line from the original wood, stuck a plaster over the scrape I'd given my finger and stuck the strands back on a thinner bit of driftwood. I still need to make a better job of attaching the string.
Peter went out on rowing club business and returned with fish and chips. I had some of the fish and a few chips with the usual vegetables for my supper.
 

No comments: