Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 September 2022

Warm.

Last night's sunset, an appropriate end to mark the Queen's passing. A remarkable woman who continued working for the country right up to her final days.
Today looked quite gloomy to start with and I went off to town with an umbrella in my bag only to have the day get warmer and warmer. Better that than the other way round.
I had a number of things to do in town including buying a sim card for Peter's old smart phone, the one I've been using as a back up camera. I've got fed up with my very old dumb phone, at least now I'll be able to see the screen better. With just four contacts I don't have much to put on the new phone. It only took a moment to pop into the bank and give them the new number as the increased security measures mean more confirmation codes sent by text. I got the chap in the shop to put the phone on airplane mode so that I don't accidentally link to the internet and use up all my credit.
I had my usual look around the charity shops, didn't find anything spectacular but while looking at children's books came across a Welsh version of an Oxford Reding Tree book. Wondering why it was in a charity shop I checked inside and sure enough there was the stamp of a local primary school, the one just around the corner. I pointed this out to the shop assistant and offered to return it to the school which she was happy for me to do. I don't like to see school property in the wrong place.
I made a couple of bulk purchases which may have caused other shoppers to wonder. First I found that HomeStores had the plasters I use to protect my toes and fingers. They don't always have them which combined with the fact that I don't go into town often had me buying 20 boxes, well they are half the price of other supermarket plasters. The other thing was finding prunes again at Lidl. A 1kg bag at Morrisons is now £6.25 while the cost at Lidl is £4.60. That's a big difference on something we buy often. 
When I got home my plan had been to carry on with my journal but seeing what a nice day it was went for a walk on the beach instead.
Another new sight, somebody using an inflatable wing to ride a wheeled board over the sand and occasionally jumping up into the air.
Before I left for my walk I spoke to a lady looking for her daughter's chickens. They'd been in her garden but scattered after being scared by a dog. Later I met the lady, her daughter who lives a few houses away and two grand-daughters. So far they've recovered all but two of the hens

 

1 comment: