Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 June 2024

Carpet in the Bedroom.

Yesterday's pretty sunset.
It was grey and cloudy this morning with that cold wind bringing a few showers and whipping up the waves.

At last the new carpet is in giving me a nice big space to do my exercises in. In a matter of hours all thoughts of the random array of mats and carpet offcuts have vanished. Partly I think, because the carpet is virtually the same as the one we had in our old bedroom for 25 years. We moved the rest of our things out in the morning and although I had specified that we wouldn't be able to move the bed and its heavy mattress ourselves we did heave the mattress into the hall and take the bed apart. We did that because we didn't trust that the fitters wouldn't try to push the bed instead of lifting it and some of the joints can't take those kind of stresses. It's a good thing we did that because after the carpet was fitted and I asked the fitters to carry the mattress back into the room (Peter was down at the RNLI) one of them immediately said he had a bad shoulder and couldn't lift anything. Luckily the chap from the salesroom had just turned up and helped. While the carpet was being laid I wiped down all the parts of the bed and anything else that was dusty. (I can now tell you that there are 60 sprung beechwood slats on our bed.) 
Once the fitters had left I began bringing things back into the bedroom until Peter came home and we were able to carry the rest. Nothing was particularly heavy but it's awkward trying not to bang into doorframes as you go round corners. 
The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing and hopefully Pilates will ease out any aches and pains.
PS. I'm still hoping I will find the cream fabric for the centre wardrobe. If not I'll make the patterned curtain longer.
 

1 comment:

HappyK said...

NICE carpet. I like carpets in the bedrooms too. Nice and cozy.