Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 June 2024

Problems.

Lots of lovely sunshine today (never mind the cold wind).
I'm blogging straight after Welsh class as I had no end of trouble with the internet just before class. Literally just before. I'd been dutifully going through the resources in preparation for the lesson then when I tried to get to the Zoom link I got locked out and then the internet failed totally. Peter's connection was fine so I spent the first half of the lesson perched on a kitchen chair sharing his screen. He was able to get my internet working during the tea break but I don't trust it. Recently I've been having to log in to most of my regular sites even though I leave the tabs open when I close down. I thought this was payback for 'rejecting' all cookies and when I gave in and pressed the accept button I didn't seem to have to log in quite so often. Logging in often needs a verification code that has been sent to my email so it's a real faff.
But somebody is probably having a much worse day than I am. I was taking a break from putting in the screws on the wardrobe door when I saw smoke rising. At first I thought it might be a grass fire as they are not uncommon when people have fires on the sand dunes but looking through the camera I could see black smoke coming from Ynyslas, possibly the boatyard. The camera foreshortens distances but as a guide the houses at the bottom of the hill are five miles away on the other side of the estuary. I watched for a while and even though the fire was beyond a two storey house at times flames came into sight above the roof line. Half an hour later the smoke had died right down. I hope that nobody was hurt.
Out in the garden the salsify has produced these wonderful puffballs of seeds. No wonder it self seeds but as it's a biennial it should be easy enough to remove any seedlings next year.
The wardrobe door is now screwed firmly in place but I need to redo at least some of the screws in the door above. First though I shall try and work out how to tidy up the gaping hole along the end of the plasterboard.
 

No comments: