Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 June 2024

Windy.


It has been much brighter today but still very windy. In the morning some of the clouds looked suspiciously dark but didn't drop any rain on us apart from one brief shower in the afternoon
We spent the morning clearing furniture and storage tubs from our bedroom in preparation for the carpet being laid tomorrow. My study now resembles a furniture warehouse but it's only for a day. I also painted the wood by the wardrobe after a very long search for the paint having forgotten that it was in one of those bucket like 'trade' tubs rather than a tin. I was able to paint a second coat later in the afternoon and touch up a few marks on the bedroom walls. It was only as I wiped down the wardrobe doors that I realised it would have been a good idea to give the wardrobe a coat of paint too. But that needs to be gloss or silk paint which I don't have. I'll just have to cover the carpet and be very careful when I do buy some paint. Magnolia sounds terribly boring, Dulux magnolia does look more 'cream' than magnolia made by some of the other paint brands. (Cream sounds more cottagey and matches our Country Diary curtains.)
Eventually I was free to go and do some work in the garden. My early morning cuppas sitting out on the terrace are the perfect opportunity to plan the next garden jobs and there have been a few scheduled to be done for quite a while. I didn't get round to cutting the hedge but I caught up on the rest of the jobs.
By the way it was bobbing its tail I think this might be a young wagtail.
The new plants were found homes, weeds weeded and the large pheasant grass by the pond taken out. It was a shame to take it out as it was just about to flower but it had become too large. It seeds quite readily in both gardens so I was able to replace it with a smaller plant. The grass on the corner had a suspiciously cat sized flat area in the middle so I've put small wooden sticks in to deter Speedy and his friends from snoozing there.



 

No comments: