Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 August 2019

A Friendly Heifer.


It's been sunny but cool today. As the camper needed some more work done on it, a new tap I believe, we drove up to the farm to get the camper. I sincerely hope we use the camper more once the house move is sorted because so far it hasn't proved very useful.
The entrance to the farm yard has a cattle grid across it but we were asked to keep the plank closed as well. Presumably some of the young heifers in the field can get across the grid. On our return visit bringing the camper back to the farm  while I waited for Peter a very friendly heifer turned up.
She must have been hand reared maybe even bottle fed because she didn't mind me scratching her head and was constantly trying to lick my hand or even my foot. She must also have been an escape artist as she kept nudging the wood and chewing on the metal latch. Once Peter drove through I pulled the wood across and locked it with a very slobbery metal latch. Thankfully I keep a packet of wet wipes in the car and was able to clean my hand.
Coming back we passed an amazing wild flower verge at the entrance to the golf course. 
Once we had dropped the camper off at the garage we did some shopping at Lidl. Then on to B&Q where we bought a serious wallpaper scraper. So far I've used a standard flat bladed palette knife tool on some easy sections of wallpaper but this tool should work on even the most stubborn paper. We'll probably be heading to Borth quite soon when hopefully the builder will set a date to start on the roofs.
At B&Q we also looked at kitchens seeing how easy it is to open different styles of doors then as it wasn't worth going home we did the same at Homebase. I'd love to have solid resin worktops but the cost runs in thousands while solid wood worktops are in hundreds.

3 comments:

happyone said...

What a friendly heifer! : )
I've seen a couple of the young ones jump over the cattle grid at the neighbors farm.
We've rounded them up and chased them home.

Harriet said...

Ruta, try soaking the wallpaper with liquid fabric softener. I used this on wallpaper and it worked well. lots of rinsing took any residue off the wall.

Ruta M. said...

I'll try the soaking tip though the wallpaper is of the very heavy textured kind. One good thing, apart from the outside walls where damp had come in through the windows the plaster underneath is in great condition.