Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 18 August 2019

Showers.

There was more sun today with a couple of showers. The wind was blowing in the perfect direction to catch the corners of the buildings and whistle eerily. Lovely, though I imagine not so welcome if you're outside with insufficient clothing. While I was walking along the High Street which was busy with shoppers I noticed the homeless sitting in doorways, always a sad sight. On my return a woman, 20s/30s? who was wrapped up in a sleeping bag had leaned forwards presumably sleeping. There are places for the homeless to go even during the day but I guess the need for money keeps some of them out in the street. A sad world.
I had driven in to town to do some shopping and maybe get some bargains too. In M&S I picked up some reduced sushi for supper and elsewhere got bread rolls for 20p (6 wholemeal) as well as prawn toasts and black pudding. That would have made for an extreme fusion meal if we had eaten them all in one go. Nowt else to report except that as I was putting out some recycling my neighbour asked if I had a spare tin of custard. She'd made a pie, fruit I imagine but the shops shut at 4.00 on Sundays. I wasn't able to help so she said they'd have to have ice-cream with the pie instead. As Peter doesn't have a sweet tooth I don't make puddings unless we have company so no stand-by custard and cream is nicer anyway.

No comments: