Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Cooler.

The rest has done me good and today I did my full exercise routine as well as getting other things done. The radio this morning promised showers and even thunderstorms but so far there's only been one brief shower. 
Peter and I went shopping together today so that we could call in at Bensons for Beds, a local bed retailer to test their version of an 'open sprung' mattress. Very different to the shoddy mattresses I bought but also more expensive. When I spoke to the complaints person in John Lewis' furniture department she tried to say that I should have tried the mattress first(?) The nearest John Lewis store is 60 miles away and may not even stock those beds. We went to Bensons today to check out her statement that it was a standard 'open sprung' mattress so I should have known what to expect. Hmm! I've agreed to have somebody come and test the mattresses to see if they are 'faulty' whatever that means but in the meantime I've sent an email to the CEO of John Lewis. It was surprisingly easy to find the email. I emphasised how disappointed I was since John Lewis has always had the reputation of selling quality goods and pointed out the sections in the Consumer Rights Act which state that goods should be fit for purpose and of good quality. Maybe that will produce a result. If not I can go to the Ombudsman and Watchdog (a tv consumer programme that gets results). Especially galling was the on-line description that said 'your guests will have a comfortable night's sleep.' I think they might be relying on the fact that most British people would be far too polite to tell their host that the mattress was seriously uncomfortable.
I had yet another go at sealing the conservatory roof. I got the ladder from the garage and found one more join that may possibly be the way water is getting in. A thick line of sealant should stop any water getting in through there. 
Not a new cat but a very friendly tabby that lives three houses down. I believe she is called Myla.

No comments: