Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Wet.

Lots of rain today. At least it looks as if my latest application of sealant on the conservatory roof has done the job. A little rain is coming through on the other side which I didn't do. I'll have to fight my way through the fuchsia to reach that side of the roof.
This morning I met up with two friends at the Lunchbox Café  in town. It's run by two friendly lads one of whom is a local councillor (as is my friend Janet) and the range of vegan dishes looked very tempting. However it was too early for lunch and the lemon drizzle cake went well with coffee. (They do have cows' milk for non-vegans.) We had a great catch up as usual, I'll miss my gang when we move but hopefully some will be tempted to come up to Borth.
It was only raining lightly when I set off this morning but then became much worse. It was the first time for a long time that I wore trousers instead of my shorts. I still wore my flip-flops which meant I had to be careful and not step on anything that might be slippery. I don't have any comfortable trainers, just a very old and scruffy pair which are up in Borth and my crocs are just as liable to slip. I need to make a trip to a shop that sells the Wider Fit shoes as I didn't do too well when I bought them through the post. Wide feet are not the same as swollen feet which is what they seem to cater for but maybe a good trying on session might establish which styles and sizes might fit me. Using stones from the beach I've managed to stretch my walking boots to a comfortable shape and I'm now working on the expensive pair of shoes I bought which turned out to be too narrow.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I need a wide shoe width too and the brand I wear now is Keen because the make lots of wider fit shoes.

Sad to leave friends behind but it will be nice to make some new ones too.
Have a great day.