Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 August 2019

Stormy.

Very wild weather today. For most of the morning it was as if buckets of water were being thrown at the windows. In the back garden things remained relatively calm but out at the front it was wild indeed. A few bins were clattering and some plant pots blown over. According to one site we've had gusts of up to 37mph.
I had some answers to my wood request yesterday and I've now know of two local sawmills, one at Chivenor and the other in the old quarry at Muddiford where I should be able to get the wood I need for the tv stand. That's my task for next week.
Apart from the usual routine I've had fun working on kitchen layout plans. From a work surface point of view a U-shaped layout is good but I can't bear the lost cupboard space in the corners. We had those carousel trays in one cupboard at Dingles and I don't think much of them in terms of space utilisation. Also it's quite tricky fitting in the things that can't change such as a tall fridge/freezer and a sink in front of the window. From the point of future proofing I think we should have an eye level oven so that we're not bending down to take hot, heavy dishes out of the oven. I've had fun rearranging scaled cupboard pieces on my kitchen plan and have come up with a possible layout though I find the best ideas usually happen when I'm actually looking at the space. 

No comments: