Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 August 2019

Muggy.

Today has been overcast and very muggy. I went out to do some shopping and managed to break the self-checkout in Tesco's. I find it very convenient to use the hand scanner as I go round  and put the shopping straight into my bags. However once I'd zapped the spot to say I'd finished shopping and told it that I didn't have any goods I hadn't been able to scan somehow I managed to knock the card reader from its stand. That disconnected the card reader and although the assistant tried to set it up again it wouldn't. The assistant took my shopping over to her check-out but something went wrong with that one and we had to go to a third check-out so that I could pay. Oops. I called in to B&Q for new face masks and had a browse around their kitchen and bathroom fittings. I'm thinking that I should measure up the floor and walls of the separate toilet in Borth as I may be able to pick up sufficient tiles in the reduced section.
I also called in at Sports Direct, not somewhere I really want to go as the owner/management's practices are so unethical both to their employees and suppliers but there isn't anywhere else that has such a variety of shorts which is what I was after. I've noticed that my 'good' shorts though comfortable are swamping my legs and needed to find some that were a better fit but still comfortable. That you can't do without trying them on. The cheapest ones I tried on were the most suitable and I bought two pairs as they were on a buy two get 2nd pair half price offer. 
Finally I called in at BJ's for some plants to brighten up the hanging basket by the front door. My neighbour bought hers ready planted and they are such a blaze of colour mine looked very sparse. There wasn't much of a choice especially as I wanted to stay in the orange/yellow range but I got some orange violas, a red verbena and a yellow bidens.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the first picture.
I don't the self checkout anymore. The few times I've tried something ALWAYS goes wrong!