Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Wet.


Sadly we haven't been transported to Orkney but on this very wet day I was only to happy to spend more time at the piano. A mental recharging of the batteries so to speak. The other day I heard Farewell to Stromness, a beautiful piano piece by Peter Maxwell Davies and thought it might be within my scope to play it. I was able to print off the first page of the piano score and enjoyed playing the slow lilting lament. I think I'll buy the whole score but I see that there is a guitar version too. I expect that'll be a lot more challenging for my limited guitar skills so I'll see how I get on with playing it on the piano and maybe trying playing from the piano score. The classical guitar book I'm learning from scores an octave higher to make sight reading easier so that might work. 
The morning was warm with not so much rain but a general wetness due to the clouds dropping down to ground level. Later the clouds rose releasing lots of rain. I did a small washing load and hung it all to dry in the conservatory. Music, exercise and a blitz of the bathroom filled my day. Fingers crossed for not so much rain tomorrow.
I had a nice surprise this morning when I finally steeled myself and stood on the scales. While we were in Borth I'd indulged in all kinds of treats including ice cream, croissants and a Chinese meal and I'd found it very hard to return to a more healthy diet. Tiredness and my cough/cold made good excuses and it has only been in the last few days that I've cut out all the 'naughties'. So I was pleasantly surprised to find my weight had gone down one pound. That keeps me motivated to maintain the diet and eventually reach my target to be well within the healthy weight range for my age and height. (It would have been better if I hadn't shrunk 3 1/2 inches!)

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely piano piece...thank you!