Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 August 2019

Cooler.

It's been windy with occasional hot moments. Perfect for drying washing if I'd thought to do any. We went down to the saw mill in Muddiford but although there was one chap there working it isn't open on Mondays. We left the details of the wood I need and our phone number so hopefully they'll get back to us. There certainly was wood of the right dimensions there. Despite Peter wondering if one inch thick wood would do it has to be two inches thick or the proportions will be wrong.
With the sunny weather it was the perfect day for outdoor activities but once I'd weeded and cut back some of the buddleia there was nothing else to do. In fact I got into a grumpy mood because although we live in a lovely part of the country it seems I'm mostly stuck indoors. I suppose I should go off by myself but that does feel a little drastic.
The first flower on my Black-eyed-Susan (both rudebeckia and thunbergia get called Black-eyed-Susan). I grew the plants from seed  and was wondering if there would ever be any flowers.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We had one of those days too and just like you I didn't get any wash hung out. : )