Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 August 2019

Stormy.

It's been a day of extremes, sometimes very hot and often torrentially wet. The heavy rain began yesterday evening and once again I was glad I wasn't having to go out and divert water flowing down the drive. 
The wet morning made having a lie-in a good idea so that is what we did. I have to say that both of us have needed plenty of recovery time after our work in Borth. It's very strange coming back to Pilton. It feels like we are in a sort of limbo. All our social ties here have stopped, Pilates and choir  stop at the start of the holidays anyway and Peter didn't renew his gig club membership when it came up. Instead our minds are occupied with planning for Borth. This morning I had some fun looking through kitchen and bathroom catalogues for ideas. 
Below is the kind of TV stand I would like to make. My plan is to have it in three sections that sit together otherwise it will be very heavy. I went and measured the large piece of wood we have in the garage. There is enough to make the top and bottom of the stand but I will have to buy more wood to make the middle section. I think there are a couple of saw mills still around that might have what I want. I'll put out a call on FB to for ideas. 


No comments: