Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 August 2019

Wet.

It has been wet all day starting with a gentle drizzle which intensified into deluge levels by late afternoon. Today was one of those days when I got up very early to do my exercises to stretch out the muscles trapping a few key nerves. Muscles eased it is lovely to sit in bed with a mug of tea knowing that a chunk of the morning's routine has already been done. 
In view of the weather I thought I might as well do some extra cleaning in the kitchen. Nearly everything gets wiped down on a daily basis but the oven and grill hadn't been done for some time. It's mainly Peter who uses both of those so the grease had begun to build up. Not especially bad but I like the interiors as well as the glass doors to be spotless. After a morning of scrubbing, thank goodness for Brillo (wire) pads, the whole cooker is sparkling.
After my usual music practice I ambitiously attempted to play Farewell to Stromness on the guitar. The first hurdle was that in my guitar book everything is written on the treble clef and sight reading at the same time transposing from the bass clef was challenging. Then by picking out the notes on the piano with one hand and trying to copy them on the guitar I finally worked out that the first note of the piece is one note below my lowest string. Giving up on the bass clef I painfully picked out two bars which repeat several times before making a slight variation. This might have been quite an over-estimation of my guitar skills. I think I'll just buy the piano score.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A rainy day is a good one to get some cleaning one.