Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 January 2022

Chilly.

Mostly crisp, bright and sunny today here on the coast though it looked to be cloudy further inland. 
Our Welsh class started up again after a break for the Christmas holiday. I'm still not sure how I feel about the class. The actual class is fine but I struggle with the amount of time I feel I need to spend each day in order to make progress. In fact I'm struggling with my daily time management in general. I just don't seem to be able to fit in all the things I want to do. There are the daily tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping that have to be done plus the things I do to maintain my physical and mental  health such as piano, guitar, Welsh and building back up to my exercise routine. (And uploading my photos and blogging.) Then there is the ongoing work to sort this place out and most important for my mental health is spending as much time as possible outside either working in the garden or out on my gentle walks. All that has to be squeezed into the time between breakfast and supper (don't do lunch). Plus age and the various failing bits of me need proper rest breaks if I'm not to seize up. No wonder we haven't found time to explore the local area. We do allow ourselves to sleep as long as our bodies require, sleep is important for health and after a lifetime of waking early for work and/or family it's something we should be able to enjoy in our retirement. So I'm reluctant to set the alarm clock in order to find time at the start of the day and after our meal we watch tv for an hour or so before heading off to sleep, or not in my case. Maybe I could do some stuff then but I'm not sure how well I'd do in my usual tired state. I shall have to think of a solution or I shall end up getting crosser and crosser.
The Zoom class was a bit of a trial for me today because something happened to my microphone. Being a language class being able to speak is vital but for some reason the mike on my headset wouldn't work in the class. I'd used it for some Duo Lingo beforehand and then tested the sound on the Zoom page where it all worked perfectly. However as soon as the class began the headset stopped working. I had the picture and could hear our tutor through my monitor speakers but try as I could to set it to the headphones, even getting Peter out of his study, they wouldn't work and I had to content myself with listening and signing which isn't that helpful for pronunciation. Then during the tea break I fiddled some more and suddenly our tutor could hear me. Hooray I thought, it's back to normal but as soon as the class started up the same problem occurred. Very strange. It must be something to do with having the new pc though Peter connected the old one back this morning so that I could back up some photos and have a connection through to the Zoom class. Don't you just love technology?
After class I painted a second coat of white on Peter's shelf boards and while I was doing that Peter got a text to say both our prescriptions were ready to be collected from the pharmacy. Glad for the chance to stretch my legs and walk in the sun, once out of the chilly shade, I took myself off to the pharmacy. Fingers crossed our monthly prescriptions are back in sync which will halve the trips to the pharmacy to collect our free medicines. (They're free for everyone in Wales.) 


And was rewarded with a wonderful sunset.


No comments: