Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 January 2022

Chilly.

It has felt quite cold today but the morning sun made for a cheery day. Once the clouds rolled in the world turned white and eventually the rain began to fall.
With Storm Corrie due to arrive this evening I decided to take advantage of the sunny weather and headed out for a walk along the beach. The tide was out so I had a good stretch of sand to walk along and I walked the whole length of the village. I can't walk fast but keep repeating "tall" to remind myself to straighten up as I want to do my best to protect my spine.
Two chaps spending their Sunday afternoon fishing on the beach.
For the past week there has been an excavtor working on the shingle bank scraping the stones up from the beach and rebuilding the bank in front of the houses. I believe the purpose of the reefs was to protect the shingle but after ten years some work needed doing. Local people still remember having duck boards in their kitchens and sweeping out the sea after high tides.
I walked down to where the ancient forest was showing through the sand before turning back for home. With the cold wind in my face I was glad to be wearing a woolly hat and fleece neckwarmer pulled up over my nose.

There was a flock of sanderlings feeding at the edge of the waves. They are so co-ordinated and fast moving they look as if they are being blown along by the wind.
At home I needed a rest and then it was time to get Peter to switch me over to a new pc. The plugging in is simple enough but sorting out the set-up is another matter. Peter gets really cross with the system and with me when I ask questions or can't respond correctly but I don't know the terminology. I'm not sure if it's because things have changed so much since he was a systems analyst or just that he resents spending time on my pc. However it's done now and my antivirus is up and running but the spell check still doesn't work even though it's switched on.
 A shame this photo of the sanderlings isn't sharper.

No comments: