Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 January 2022

Mainly Sunny.

Still mild today and we had sunshine until late in the afternoon when the dark clouds shifted from behind us to overhead bringing sporadic rain. Earlier there was a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms coming up from the south but they seem to have missed us and are currently over the east of England.
My ribs were telling me I needed to rest so I've done very little today. After our usual Sunday breakfast and two episodes of The Archers I began planning a file that will eventually contain all the information needed to run this place. Things like builders' phone numbers, oil deliveries, home insurance and insurance and MOT for the car and camper. Peter deals with most all of those but I'm thinking of a time when either or both of us find it hard to concentrate or remember renewal times and of course much as none of us like to think about it there will come a time when one of us will be left on our own. What a cheery subject. I just think having all the updated information in one folder may come in useful at such a time. 
Another thing done today was to set the correct time and date on the trail cam. That was relatively easy to do though I couldn't see any way to change the order to day/month/year or even the other way round. A feature I do like is that it shows the temperature at the time of each photo. For the time being I'm taking photos rather than videos so that I don't have to keep charging up the batteries. And what has the camera revealed? you ask. So far mainly birds; a robin, Mr & Mrs Blackbird and sparrows all enjoying a bath though last night showed Speedy wandering around the garden followed by Little Ginger. After my autumn mowing of the meadow there isn't much cover for other creatures but you never know.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

That is such a good idea to have all that information in one folder.
I need to do that too!!!!