Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 January 2022

Chilly.

Not a cloud in the sky today making for a crisp, cold day.
Late afternoon sun.
Today, I went into town for an afternoon of shopping. For a change I went to Tesco's. It's a bit more expensive than Morrison's and more again than Lidl but they sometimes have some good special offers and reductions. I picked up a couple of packs of Christmas cards at give-away prices but the main prize was this dressing gown. Not a reduction but I'd seen it in store last year and been unable to buy it because Tesco's had closed off the clothing aisles to comply with the lockdown rules. I'd looked for it on my subsequent forays into Tesco's but today was the first time I found it. And ...... there was only one and it was in my size. I had no hesitation in treating myself even though I do have the same one in pink at home. I'm such a sucker for all things fluffy and it's a great way to keep warm in the evenings especially now that heating costs are about to increase by 50%. Another find in Tesco's was a replacement for one of the green and blue mugs I bought last year. It was reduced and the last one on the shelf. Peter's arthritic hands result in the occasional chip out of the china during washing up and while he doesn't mind chipped mugs I do. I did quite a lot of walking around town looking for various things. A search for some basic jogging trousers for Peter (he's lost so much weight by exercising that one of the pairs he wears around the house won't stay up,) had me going into Matalan twice. The first time I only found super skinny ones and some that looked like patchwork. Very trendy I'm sure but not not for Peter. Having decided M&S was too expensive I went back into Matalan and found the basic style joggers tucked away at the back of the men's section for half the price at M&S. I also paid a trip to the knitting shop where I bought a crochet hook and picked up some silvery brown wool in the bargain bin which I think will be perfect for Vytas' tea cosy.
By the time I got home my back was twinging so I gave myself a break with a coffee in front of the tv while I multi-tasked by emptying a couple of boxes of plasters and removing the outer wrappings. That saves me time on zoo days when I need to protect my toes from blisters and my fingers from splitting. Then there was just time to give the two shelves another coat of paint and blog before supper.
Dusk photos takes with the fancy setting on my camera.

 

No comments: