Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 27 January 2022

Sunny.

It rained heavily all through the night and into the morning but then things turned blue which was a pointer to the sunshine we enjoyed for the rest of the day. 
The builder and his mate turned up in the morning to begin clearing up. The took the old railings down to the scrap man in the village and other stuff down to the dump. We had wondered if anyone else could use the railings but they were too low for current safety regulations so probably not and I didn't want them hanging around in the garden. He also took the tree stump so that's another thing gone. We had a long discussion about the raised beds he will be building, mainly about what will go in front of the concrete blocks. The builder wants to do the whole thing in one go but I haven't decided/ found the cheapest low maintenance option so I'm going to leave it for the time being. Once the blockwork is done the beds can be filled and planted and I can decide on the outer finish later.
Our afternoon was spent taking part in our Zoom class and after that I baked an apple cake for Peter. I did cut myself a slice to test it as I didn't follow a recipe but adapted my basic recipe (4oz butter, 4oz sugar, 4 eggs and 8oz sr flour) adding chunks of apple, cinnamon and mixed spice. A tasty combination. I didn't do much else as I didn't get to sleep until after 4.00, too much weeding yesterday.
We've been asked not to walk on the slabs for a few days so it hasn't been easy to take photos but for most of the day the sun has been shining brightly. This evening there was a lovely pink sunset and for a short time the houses along the beach, most of which are painted white, were bathed in a rosy glow.
 

No comments: