Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 January 2022

Windy.

A cold and windy day. The morning was mainly grey and wet with the rain easing off in the afternoon.
Our job of the day was to link the DVD player and sound bar to the tv. Peter is of the school that considers more and bigger technology is better while I would sacrifice performance for less clutter so I haven't been encouraging Peter to locate and install the extras that go with our tv. However over the holiday we watched all the Harry Potter films, some of which we've seen several times and others not at all and having finished those we moved onto The Hobbit trilogy. These films are quite a disappointment due to the cartoonish and comic nature of many of the characters and action something we suspect was influenced by Warner bros. We're having to mentally filter out  quite a lot to enjoy the films but after the final one tonight we shall move on to our own extended versions of LOTR. And even I accept they will be much better with the volume turned UP. Today we carefully moved the tv, positioned the extra speaker which apparently is a vital part of the sound bar system, behind the tv and plugged in all the extra cables. That gave me the chance to do some dusting too.
The postman brought the carabiner clips which meant I was able to hang the plants in the sitting room window. The job's not quite done as the pole really needs to be moved forward so that the plants are not pressing on the venetian blind but that shouldn't be too difficult. It took a while to get the levels right but I went with varying heights which I'm still not quite sure about. Now that it's done I'm not as thrilled as I thought I would be but I'm sure this is due to my dislike of change. (I have never thought that anyone I know looked better after a hairstyle change until I became accustomed to their new look.) It's just that although the two ferns have bluish foliage the whole effect is too green for the colour scheme of the whole open plan room which so far has been a reflection of the colours of the sea, mainly white with touches of duck egg blues and greys. I'm sure that it will work better once I get used to it.
The other day while I was looking through my boxes I came across this windchime and hung it by the door out onto the terrace. The colours work and it chimes sweetly whenever the door is opened. I have a large box of chimes that used to hang in the garden at Dingles which Peter referred to my Shangri-La but haven't yet decided where to hang them. I don't spend a lot of time in the back garden and it gets very windy in the front garden. Maybe along the path that runs from the front to the back of the house might be a good place.
So far today as well as a bit of housework I've pedalled on the exercise bike, practised Welsh and the piano and will fit in some guitar practice in a minute which will cut out the guilt I feel when I don't do those small tasks. It's all part of doing a little every day to improve skills and maybe keep the neural pathways working.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like where you have your plants hanging. Great idea.