Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 January 2022

Sunny.

The sun came out today.
I was awake early today (4.00) and got up at 6.00 which meant I had a good view of the very pretty sunrise. I took the photo above with the auto exposure setting and then thought I'd be clever and use the setting for sunset/sunrise but the result below, was very purple. Dramatic but not accurate. 
The whole time I was at the zoo there was not a cloud in the sky. It was cold at first with a heavy frost in all the places still in the shade and small drops of ice adorning the grass where I was digging out the last of the bramble roots by the wolf-dogs. Brambles cleared I was able to move to the woodchip around the big playhouse and it wasn't long before I got so warm I had to remove my coat and roll up the sleeves of my top as I dug out the grass that had encroached upon the corner of the woodchip. (I forgot to take a photo.) I had intended just to tidy up the very corner but then I came across the wood marking the end of the woodchip area so naturally I cleared right up to the wood. Digging grass out of the woodchip is easier on my back though I did manage to flick dirt into my eyes a couple of times so I carried on working for over three hours. A lot more to do if the wood edge carries on all the way round. If it doesn't I may simply cut a tidy line across the next corner.
When I got home although I just wanted to slump in an armchair but before I did that I painted both of the planks destined for Peter's study. They didn't dry in time for a second coat but I can do that tomorrow. Then I did some floor washing and finally I got my relaxation time. I had done an hour of Duolingo and some time on the exercise bike before breakfast.
Happy muddy pigs.
Rabbits enjoying the sun.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love a pink and blue sky - so pretty.
We had one this evening!