Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 January 2022

Cold.

Wild and grey this morning with plenty of rain. There might have been some snow on the tops of the hills but the low clouds obscured the view. I love watching the stormy weather but I appreciate the fact that it's from a lovely warm home. Then it was all change in the afternoon as the sky cleared to give some welcome sun.
Today the DIY went more smoothly, probably because we worked on separate tasks. I sanded the wax off one pole, gave it two coats of paint and same for the front door curtain pole and finally waxed both poles and hung the curtains back up. That still gave me time to play the piano and do some Duolingo Welsh practice. 
Once the morning's rain had stopped I went to the shop for some milk. And of course for a walk along the beach. The wind was bitterly cold and I was glad that I could pull my neck warmer up over my face and that I had my wind glasses (almost clear wraparounds) on.
The electrician came today to talk to Peter about putting lights and sockets in the garage and a couple of outdoor lights at the back. Not sure when that's going to happen.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Very cold, windy, and snow here today.