Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 January 2022

Sunny.

A crisp, clear day today beginning with a frosty morning. Almost no wind so the washing had to go on the airer in the utility room.
Today Peter put up the two shelves in his study and has already filled them with his collection of dvds. Meanwhile I went into the garage and screwed some flat coat hooks on to the bar Peter put up on the wall for me. On these I hung all four of my large garden tools. I will add more hooks and hang up the smaller tools which currently live in a bucket. That done I took the bow saw and cut half-way through the tree trunk in the back garden. I decided to wait for Peter to help me turn the trunk over so I can cut from the other side as last time moving it gave me a lot of muscle pain.
It was such a lovely day I couldn't resist going out for a beach walk. As I set off I got chatting to our neighbour, looked back at our garden wall and saw some suspicious cracks. At first I thought they were due to ground movement but as we looked closer it became clear something had hit or pushed the wall. The whole of that section is now wobbly and needs rebuilding. Our road is only just wide enough for two cars to pass each other and with no pavement on one side and a lamp post on the edge of the grass it is very difficult for large vehicles to turn into the road. There are only two other equally small roads giving access to the road that runs behind us along which there has been a lot of development. We've often watched lorries bringing building supplies, of which there are many, manoeuvring back and forth to get around the corner. Unfortunately as nobody saw what happened we shall have to pay for the repairs ourselves or even claim on our insurance.
Down on the beach the sun was shining and the tide fully out giving me nice clean sand to walk along.


Back home I worked through the crochet tutorial which was vey helpful. I had followed the written instructions correctly apart from one minor error. The nice lady said that the first row of scales would have larger holes in the middle of the scales and explained how to 'block' the finished piece to get a better finish. Having worked it out with the grey wool I then did a test piece with the brown and silver wool I intend to use. I'm quite happy with the result as in my mind the cosy should resemble a dragon's egg plus the brown colour will disguise any tea drips. Now to work out the pattern to fit Vytas' tea-pot.

 



No comments: