Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 31 January 2022

Stormy.

Storm Corrie blew through the night and into the morning. Nothing as dramatic as the last two storms, just the comforting roar of sea and wind. 
By afternoon the clouds and rain had cleared sufficiently for there to be some welcome sunshine.

Our job for the day was to put up two shelves in my study. I'd had my eye on these shiny shelves which were left-overs from the kitchen install, for some time. After the kitchen was done we sent back and got refunds for most of the spares but I squirreled away any useful left-overs being sure I would find a use for them. After I took the photo I found a piece of white coated hardboard which slots in perfectly behind the legs of the desk to hide the tangle of cables. I've loaded up the shelves with white tubs and rush baskets but they need organising as all I wanted to do today was to get stuff off the floor. I'm happy with the shelves and am glad I went for slightly pricier brackets than the basic long triangular ones.
I had just finished tidying up the cables, moving the pc and wiping everything down and was about to flop in front of the tv when the builder turned up to clean up the slabs on the terrace. It felt wrong to be watching tv while he worked outside in the cold so instead I made a start on our Welsh homework. Part of that was to make up a reason why we wouldn't be in the class next week saying where we were going and what we would be doing. My offering says I am going to London to shop at Primark and B&Q (shops not found in this area) and then I'd be going to Ikea to eat meatballs. That might make our tutor smile. I can't think of any reason to return to London but there are some Barnstaple shops I miss. I will have to check out some of the big towns/ small cities closer to here.

 

No comments: