Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 February 2022

Windy.

Still fairly windy today. I was up early and caught the first glimpses of blue skies over to the west. The wind blew all day and which tempted me to hang the washing out on the line. It didn't dry the towels completely but they were half dry when I brought them in to hang in the utility room.
My early start meant that I got all my daily routine - music etc. done before breakfast. That made our breakfast even more relaxing. The digger moving the shingle was busy working from early morning even though the high tide had the waves reaching right up to the shingle it was scraping up.
Today's diy job was to put up a curtain rail across the door inside Peter's study. This was so we could hang the last of the matching curtains to muffle the sound when Peter watches films. Those are the curtains my mum had made at least 30 years ago which are not only lined but padded with a thick blanket like inner lining which should do the job well. Peter did all the actual work, all I did was to find a selection of curtain pole brackets and unpack the last of the poles bought in Barnstaple charity shops and when it was all done I tightened up some fixing screws in the brackets with the tiniest of allen keys. I also put the rings on and hung up the curtain which was my miniscule portion of the work. As well as there being less sound coming down the corridor the curtain had been taking up a lot of space on the trundle bed in my study so I am doubly pleased.
In the afternoon Borth was bathed in sun and as we needed sweetners from the shop I went off for a beach walk. As usual there were clouds banks over the land, some dark grey and looming and I could see more clouds arriving from out to sea but it was glorious on the beach.

It was such a pleasure to walk by the waves and see the bubbles, many of them just single bubbles, being blown across the sand. I walked to my regular turnaround spot and watched the digger for a while before heading back. Returning I walked along the strand line and kept my eyes open for a piece of driftwood to use for air plants but didn't find anything that was both the right size and an interesting shape. I'm sure something will catch my eye eventually.
Back home I finished off my Welsh homework and for once I was able to use the document out tutor had emailed us. I don't have Office and sometimes I can't work out how to write on the document and return it so I have the write on the paper version in my course folder and send a photo. It worked this time and as a bonus it had a Welsh spell checker on it so at least I know my spellings are correct.
 Clouds sitting over the mountains this evening.

No comments: