Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 February 2022

Wet.

Grey and very wet today. 
It wasn't dry enough for me to work outside so I sat inside the garage with the door open to sand down the next piece of driftwood. It takes time to take the wood back to a golden colour or at least less greyish black so I didn't finish today. Kneeling down on the floor wasn't the best way to work either. If I can work in the front garden there's a bench to sit on which would be much better. The rest of my day has been spent tidying up especially in the utility room which had accumulated a lot of stuff on the counter.

I didn't think I had much to write about today and then I came across this photo of a village near here taken around 1900. It's on the back road to town and you still have to drive over the narrow bridge. Vehicles have to wait on the other side and check if something is coming from this side. The house on the left is now a B&B, the very one we stayed in on our first house viewing visit. We slept in the upstairs room with the dormer window on the far left. Below is a current photo from the B&B's website taken on a nicer day than today.



 

No comments: