Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 February 2022

Warm and Sunny.

We've had lovely weather today. Warmer southerly winds blew away most of the clouds giving us a taste of Spring to enjoy. 
Out in the bay the rollers have been coming in more widely spaced than yesterday making the surfing more suitable for the holidaymakers and paddleboarders.
After a lazy start to the day (I woke at 5.15 but was asleep again by 6.00 and didn't wake properly until after 9.00) we decided to go for a walk on the beach. That of course was after Sunday breakfast and The Archers. Out of the wind it was so warm I ended up walking along with both my jacket and fleece unzipped.
The rest of my day has been spent in the kitchen. Not only did I make chocolate chunk and peanut butter cookies but I also baked a chocolate chunk marble cake. Those are mainly for Peter, at least I'll try not to eat much of the sweet stuff as the diet is still on the go. (On track but it's too soon to stop.) At the same time I had some dahl simmering away in the slow cooker. I looked at a couple of recipes and because it was thinner than I like I've ended up transferring it all into a large saucepan on the hob so that I can thicken it up. So far it tastes pretty good and there will be plenty left to freeze after tonight's supper. I left out the chilli peppers as I don't eat too spicy food these days but put in extra onions simply because I like them. Right now I've got the timer set so that I can give it a stir every ten minutes to stop it from burning. When I need to make another batch I'll cut back on the liquid because one of my reasons to use the slow cooker was to cut down on the stirring and the washing up.
Below - I think this piece of driftwood looks stunning even without the air plants but it's too heavy and making the pole bend. I've taken it down and am currently working on another piece that is longer but lighter. This morning I used some rainwater to give the air plants their weekly 'dunk' for two hours.  

For some reason Speedy decided to supervise my blogging from inside one of my white boxes. Typical cat behaviour.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Bet it smelled good at your house today. :)