Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 February 2022

Wet.

Lots of rain today. The temperature was back up but there was enough wind to create whitecaps across the whole bay with big waves crashing into the cliff. It was lovely watching the wild sea as we sat in our cosy home.
It took most of the morning to get through all the daily tasks and then I decided to bake a cake for Peter. This week's version included chunks of dark chocolate, sultanas and blanched whole almonds. I guess you could call it a fruit and nut cake. The cake was just out of the oven when the builder came round to collect his ladders which he'd put in the garage. He's very friendly so we had a long chat with the smell of fresh cake making the place feel very homely.
It wasn't until later in the afternoon that I began my next project - making the secondary curtains for our bedroom. I'm using a couple of cream wool blankets and I won't bother to line them as the windows already have nets and ventetian blinds so they won't be seen from the street. Today I measured up and cut out the four curtains which I had to do on the floor. That was enough for my back and I ended the afternoon with coffee and a slice of my cake, just to taste of course.
A lone kite surfer and earlier a single surfer were the only people I saw out on/in the water today.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You are always so busy. Nice to read about your days. :)