Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 February 2022

Wet.

Grey again today with no wind and a fine drizzle often blocking out the view. But it's not too cold. I was up in time to see the world tinged pink from the sunrise and was surprised to see five surfers out in the bay. There were sufficient waves for them to catch the occasional one for a while but after about an hour or so everything got much flatter and only one lone surfer remained. I wonder if they were surfing before work, on holiday, students or working on flexi time or not at all? It's fun people watching from our window.
Having got up reasonably early I made tea and prepared breakfast, something Peter usually does, and then did all my daily practices before a later breakfast. I much prefer to get jobs out of the way and then relax. Peter finally gave in and took the new medication after checking further and it didn't give him insomnia, depression or mania (those were the 5 in 100 side effects) so hopefully the benefits will kick in soon and reduce the pain in his knee. Continuing with the health theme, I had another attempt to find an NHS dentist. On the local FB pages people were reporting lack of any possibitiy of finding an NHS dentist locally so I thought I'd try in the town about 20 miles away. However when I spoke to the practice their waiting list was four years long and they couldn't accept anybody from outside of the area. A shame because even waiting four years would be better than nothing at all. My denture broke some time ago but I only ever wore it to go out so the compulsary mask wearing has its benefits. But I do have a large molar that I'm sure needs to go so I phoned and made an appointment at the private dentist I went to before. That's not until 14th of March but I had heard horror stories of people not even being able to get a private appointment in town so I guess five weeks isn't too bad.
After breakfast I gave the curtain rings and my fingers another coat of paint before going out to do more sorting in the garage. There I shifted stuff from one container to another and now have all the 3-6ft lengths of wood standing in an old dustbin. which makes it easier to see what you have and takes up less room than leaning them against the wall. There was one 9ft long 1 ins thick plank with hardboard nailed to it that had woodworm so I sawed that into three peices to fit in the back of the car. I'll take it to the dump tomorrow along with some branches cut from an elder bush by the path. While I was in the garden I pulled out the weed seedlings already sprouting in the flower beds. Then it was time for a break watching The Great Pottery Throwdown before threading all the newly painted curtain rings back on the poles and hanging up both sets of curtains in the bedroom. Now looking forward to the soup again for supper, this time with the addition of extra new potatoes chopped in and for a treat thin slices of Lithuanian smoked sausage (like a very chewy and strong tasting salami).

 

No comments: