Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 February 2022

Stormy.

And yet another storm - Storm Franklin, has rolled in. This time we're only under a Yellow Weather Warning but the consensus on the local FB pages is that it is as severe if not worse than the last storm. It has brought us a day of strong winds and heavy rain. The roof of my study was clattering so much I went out into the road to see if anything else had fallen on it but it was just the fibreglass roof creaking and banging.
We had our usual relaxed Sunday breakfast after which I did some DuoLingo. Then I carried on with my sea glass mobile. I tried out a couple of different pieces of driftwood and after many trips up and down the stepladder settled on the final design. That meant gluing a few more pieces of glass on several of the lines and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to fix them to the wood. I also did some rearranging of the hanging plants and moved the second fern from the sitting room to the kitchen as some of the fronds look a bit crispy.
My other job today was continuing with the repairs to Peter's old gig club sweatshirt. I decided to fold over the waistband but thought that would make the cuffs uncomfortable so have sewn stretch bias binding around those. It was very peaceful sewing at the table and seeing the occasional person walk past always with a dog on a lead.
Above is a photo from the local FB page showing the foam blown up over the shingle bank and sea wall down at the far end of the village this morning. Below  is the afternoon's windspeed (mph) chart from an on-line news page. Trust us to have the highest wind speed.
The latest shipping forecast gives us gale 7-9 with occasional storm 10 and 11 with gusts of 65 -75mph. What joy!
 

No comments: