Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Grey.

A day of pretty dismal weather today. It started with heavy rain which flattened out the sea and although the rain eased off later it remained grey and miserable. That didn't put the surfers off and there has been a group of them out in the water all afternoon.
After breakfast I went out and did some more tidying in the garage. I plan to move the mirrors stacked with Peter's wood supplies, over to the other end of the garage but before I can do that the wall needs to be painted white but before I can do that the wall needs brushing down and before that .... (you get the picture) other stuff needs doing. Today I moved most of the things that had been stacked against the wall including the wooden garden chairs giving them a through brushing to remove the cobwebs and sawdust from the roof rebuild. I've given the wall an intital brushing but stopped at that point. 
The Met. Office tells us we are due two storms one after the other starting tomorrow afternoon so I though I'd go for a walk along the beach to stretch my legs. Apart from the surfers and a family group the beach was more or less empty. I found one piece of twisted driftwood which might be suitable for air plants if I cut it down and then picked up a large handful of plastic netting and ropes which I dumped by the bins.
Back home I sorted through the cardboard boxes to see if any can go in the recycling tomorrow. At the moment I'm hanging on to the bigger boxes Peter emptied in case I need to repack some of the stuff in the loft and I keep a selection of smaller Amazon boxes to use when posting off parcels.  
 

No comments: