Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 February 2022

Wet.

Heavy rain today which didn't ease off until the afternoon. A good day for putting your feet up to watch the waves and the occasional hardy walker go by.
I had planned to spend the day organising my study but began by painting (after doing all the daily routine). First I painted the window pole and then I sanded and painted twenty more curtain rings. I don't need that many but better to do a few extra while I'm at it. These were the rings that had originally been in our bedroom. I'd left them until last because the old paint on some of them was already flaking and every time I drew the curtains there was a gentle rain of paint flakes. Hopefully sanding and painting will sort that problem. Only then did I turn to my study beginning with screwing fittings to a cork board so that I could fix it to the door without it clattering around. We don't have the tiniest of drill bits so I had to do the job by hand which was surprisingly difficult. I didn't do much else in my study today apart from prising off the clothes pegs I'd glued to my desk but were in the way of the digital piano and re-gluing them to the top of the filing cabinet instead.

 

No comments: