Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 February 2022

Dry.

A lot more blue in the sky today. Little wind and it didn't feel too cold.
While Peter went off to town I wrapped and boxed up the truffles and tea cosy and took them down to the Post Office. I got chatting to the lady behind the counter and ended up promising to write out the recipe for the truffles for her. 
From the shop I headed off to the beach. I spent quite a while watching a group of sanderlings while behind me a lady rode up and down the beach on her horse. Before she left she rode her horse into the sea where two chaps were tenatively catching waves in the shallows.
By waiting quietly and moving one step at a time I was able to get much closer to the sanderlings as they hunted for food at the edge of the waves.


There were areas of  fragmented seaweed and more shells than usual including a lot of sea urchin testes. Further up the beach I found an oyster shell which had fused with the shell of another oyster giving it the appearance of an ancient oil lamp. Then a couple of steps later I found a second pair of shells fused in the same way. I also ended up collecting pieces of fishing net and plastic rope which I dumped by the bins but still no luck finding the perfect piece of driftwood.
Back home I did my DuoLingo before Peter came home. He'd brought home another wooden pole so that I can hang more plants in the kitchen window. This I have already cut to size and given a first coat of undercoat.

No comments: