Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 February 2022

Wild.

Very windy today, mainly grey until later in the afternoon when there were some sunny spells as well as some heavy showers.
Looking out of the window this morning (a couple of hours before the photo above) the sea looked as if someone had emptied a tanker of bubble bath into it.
Wanting to also get the curtain rings, 30 of them, painted today I made poor Peter wait for breakfast until I'd taken down the curtains, sanded the rings and given them an undercoat. (I did ask him first but I don't think either of us realised how long it would take.) While I could just buy some white curtain rings not only would that be wasteful but the modern rings are so flimsy you can snap them in your hands. After breakfast I got out the sewing machine and made the wool curtains that I'll hang behind the main curtains. To deter the moths I gave them a spray with the industrial strength household flea spray I keep for emergencies which had Speedy heading for the door.
Sewing done I prepared a big pot of hearty soup made with; bacon, onions, white cabbage, tomatoes, red pepper and potatoes. Should be tasty with grated cheese and some bread and butter. Then it was time to give the curtain rings another coat of paint. They look as if they could do with yet another coat tomorrow so I hung up the bedroom curtains with the handful of white rings I already had. 

 

No comments: