Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 February 2022

Happy Birthday, Vytas.

Happy Birthday to Vytas, 36 years old today. As ever it seems only like yesterday that I was presented with a squaling red-faced Winston Churchill look-alike. (Enough with the embarassing mum memories.) Suffice to say we are proud of the man he has become and most importantly he is healthy and happy.

After so many months of lockdown this year he and Sally were able to tour the Scottish Highlands which included marching up Ben Nevis (above). Later in the year they went to Germany to see a band but the gig was cancelled so they did some sightseeing including visiting a chocolate museum (takes after his mum).
And of course they did manage to get to some gigs.
Loch Ness.
And here is the tea cosy I crocheted to accompany the birthday chocolate truffles I made him. Hopefully it will fit his Japanese style tea-pot but if needed I can make adjustments the next time we go to stay with them.
Here in Wales Storm Dudley is blowing in. It was windy with a light drizzle in the morning with the wind getting stronger and the rain heavier as the day went on. 
There were a few families visiting the zoo this morning trying to find something to do before the weather closed in. I wasn't in sight of the play area but I could hear families up there. Possibly they were taking advantage of the rope climb which now has some plastic climbing holds attached.
How could you not love these two?
The female goats were hoping that I was yet another person bringing them cabbage and carrots but they were out of luck. Today I spent my time weeding and cutting (with secateurs) the narrow strip on the left of the path and then the same on the other side of the goats' field. There is a battery strimmer but apart from not wanting to put a strain on my back and shoulder I really wanted to dig out the stinging nettle and dock roots. The ground was so wet that I was able to pull out most of the docks completely without leaving their tap roots in the ground to regrow. I did get very muddy in the process.
The pea chicks seen through the glass window of their current home.
Back home some workmen were digging a trench on the cliff to lay new electric cables to the lamp post. The light had stopped working again and I was quite enjoying the dark nights after the other lights went off at 12.30 but I guess safety is more important. With dire warnings about this and the next storm I checked the garden putting away anything that could get blown over and wedging a heavy plank against the one section of fence that is a little loose.
While Peter went out to meet a friend in the pub on rowing club business I sat at the table watching the wild seas and unpicking the elastic at the bottom of a pair of Peter's joggers. They're only for around the house but I have to agree with Peter that the elasticated cuffs are not really his style.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Birthday to Vytas. Where does the time go - they grow up so fast!!
Vytas and Sally have been on some NICE holidays.