Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 February 2022

Cloudy.

Overcast all day today with the sun attempting and failing to break through the clouds. Not much wind and not too cold which was a bonus. This evening the world was washed with a strange orange light which turned the sea browish and the sky a purplish shade of grey.
Down at the zoo I caried on with my current project and have completed work on one half of the woodchip play area. I finished straightening up the edges, did it properly with a string line and a handy edging tool and raked it all as level as I could make it. One corner was more sand than woodchip but I have tried my best to blend it in.
I'm quite pleased with the result.
Not much going on at the zoo today, even the pigs had gone to sleep in their shed after they had eaten their morning feed. One of the Billy goats made me laugh. A broom had been left in their run and he had managed to get it across his back and was using the end to scratch the back of his head between his horns.
I spent nearly four hours at the zoo so once I got home I was happy to flop in the armchair and watch tv and the view for a while. I should have gone to play the piano but was too worn out. Instead I had an early shower before blogging and will now hit the Duo Lingo for more Welsh practice.
 

No comments: