Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 February 2022

Stormy.

We woke to continuing storm force winds and wild seas. It's been mostly wind rather than rain and by the afternoon patches of blue were beginning to appear.
There was so much salt stuck to the windows it was impossible to see out so before breakfast I went out and bracing myself against the wind washed the front windows. That gave us some dramatic views as we ate breakfast though by the time we had finished the windows were frosted over again. 
By mid-day the wind had died down sufficiently for me to go back out and wash the windows for a second time. That way I could enjoy the view once more. I finished the repairs to Peter's hoody and did some more work on my sea-glass mobile. That came to a halt when I went to drill holes in the driftwood to thread the fishing line through and found that my only tiny drill bit was snapped. I've ordered a new set but they won't be here for a few days.
The builder turned up today, in fact he came twice then our other builder came and finally the plumber turned up. The first builder went up on the roof and the bad news is that the falling tiles had made a dozen holes in the rubber of our new kitchen roof - blast. We are definitely going to have to claim on our insurance. Peter has already spoken to them and as we've not made a claim for maybe 20 years they simply said if we had a VAT registered builders we trust then go ahead and get the work done. The first builder is going to order new ridge tiles while the other builder who is the roof fitter stuck patches over all the holes. That way we are watertight for the next lot of rain and then he will be bonding another rubber membrane to the damaged one and re-doing the soffits and gutters. 
The plumber turned up to investigate the possible leak and mould behind the sink unit in the blue loo. Talking out the whole unit would have meant removing the sink first which rather went against the point of checking all the pipes and waste so instead he cut away most of the internal back panel. To find ........ nothing. No leaks and no mould. But I had initially found water sitting on the waste pipe and have at times seen water seeping out from under the unit. And what about the mould I can smell? All he could do for the time being was to leave the back panel off so that I can keep an eye on it. There might possibly be some condensation on the cold feed pipe but I shall be inspecting like a hawk and continue to sniff like a hound. It's a mystery.
I had been getting ready to head out for a beach walk when the plumber turned up but by the time he had finished it was too late. Never mind, plenty more days for walking on the beach.
 

No comments: