Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 February 2022

Wet.

It was a wild and stormy morning with the sea, when we could see through the rain splattered windows, displaying bands of colour ranging from deepest navy blue next to silvery grey or emerald green bordered by sandy yellow.
Peter presented me with these lovely roses, a box of white Lindor and a card for Valentine's Day all of which were much appreciated. In return he had some beers and a card. We've never been ones for eating out apart from when we've been away from home and trying to organise a trip out is such hard work I've given up bothering so it's just been a normal day at home. Not to mention the dreadful weather and the fact that Peter is still recovering from his arthritic flare-up.
This morning I put the painted curtain rings on the pole in our bedroom and screwed on the last finial. Then we put up the pole in the kitchen window. I'd got fed up with looking out at neighbouring roofs and I needed to move one of the ferns from the sitting room window as it wasn't coping well with the heat from the radiator below it. Now I need a replacement plant for that window and perhaps another plant for the kitchen window. I can't hang a plant above the kettle but maybe I can make some sort of mobile from driftwood and sea glass. I rarely find sea glass on the beach here but I have quite a collection from North Devon.

The tooth that I want the dentist to pull out look at is starting to ache all the time so I rang the dentist and was able to get my appointment moved forward ten days which is a bit better. They will also get in touch if they have a cancellation. What a dreadful state of affairs when you can't get an appointment for over a month and that's with a a private dentist and no NHS treatment at all. 
During the afternoon the sun appeared, highlighting the foam at the edges of the waves racing across the bay. I could watch the waves and clouds for hours.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The roses are lovely - how nice of Peter. :)
Happy Valentine's Day.