Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 January 2022

Clouds.

We still had the blue skies but with an interesting selection of clouds being blown along by a warm southerly wind. 
There was enough wind to make it worthwhile hanging out the sheets on the line before I did the ironing later in the afternoon.
I woke and got up in good time this morning and got my Welsh practice and most of the housework done before breakfast. Which sounds very organised, until I reveal that breakfast was eaten quite late in the morning. While Peter went down to the dump I sorted out my list of internet 'favourites' saving the URLs of any that I think aren't already on the new pc onto an email to myself. Then when Peter swaps me back from the old pc, which he thinks was the cause of the malfunctioning headphones last week I'll have them to hand. I'm not convinced about the headphones so he has bought me a microphone for the monitor which would be better. But the old pc does have issues and even I admit it needs changing.
I had another try of the crocodile stitch this time using a smaller hook. The lady in the shop had advised me to use a no. 6 hook which is enormous I think because the wool is labelled as chunky but it feels not much thicker than double knit and in the end I bought a no. 5. That gave larger scales than I wanted so today I went back to a no. 3 which is all I had and though a bit fiddly the pattern has come out a better size so that's what I'll go with.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Had to hang my sheets inside - they would have froze or been blown away. :)