Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 January 2022

Grey.

Dry and mostly grey today.
Training exercise for the lifeboat crew.
I had a bit of an IT crisis today. Last night my internet dropped out which happens every now and then so I didn't worry about it. However when I turned on my pc in the morning I still had no internet, left it and tried later in the day but no joy then either. That's when I called in Peter to help, something I'm reluctant to do because he grumbles and says I'm too difficult when there's a problem with IT. However after initially blaming FB (nope) and then me for jiggling cable (nope again) and a bit of a moan about the time it would take he settled down and eventually diagnosed a hardware problem. A replacement part, something to do with my internet connection which is different to Peter's will be arriving tomorrow and for the meantime we've taken turns to use the working internet plug thingy. Also my system is running off a new pc which of course meant logging into anything I wanted to use, looking up passwords, finding one didn't work then having to find my email password to get an extra code and finally here I am.
Straight after breakfast Peter went to town to do some shopping hoping that Morrisons would be less crowded, which was the case. As soon as I'd finished my housework I thought I'd have a go at the tree trunk in the back garden. My plan was to burrow under the trunk to cut off the roots I could reach which I did for a while. Then I thought I'd just give the trunk a little push, after removing the water filled saucer that was sitting on top. I pushed it one way, then the other and felt something, not my back, start to give. More pushing and the trunk went over. There was one large root left to saw through and that was it. The plan is to keep the bottom part of the trunk as some sort of garden feature in the front garden and maybe find a use for the top bit or give it away for burning.
That done I got on with a job that's been on my mind for a while, cleaning off the woolly aphids from the orchids in the utility room. Each orchid was tidied up and every leaf and stem thoroughly cleaned with insecticide soaked cotton buds and paper towels before a final spraying. Then the white tubs they sit in were cleaned out and finally the window sill and windows given a wipe over. I should spray them more regularly and keep an eye out for those nasty white aphids. I can but try.
Here's hoping my pc gets sorted out tomorrow. 

 

No comments: