Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 January 2022

Grey.

The day began with continuous drizzle and general greyness. Later there was the occasional blue patch in the sky and less rain but in general it has been a gloomy day and fairly chilly. 
We started the day with our usual Sunday treat of croissants and fresh coffee while listening to The Archers and watching the Lifeboat crew out on exercise.
Then after the daily housework I spent time playing the piano and the guitar. Sadly I can't do more than an hour at a time because my back begins to ache. I gave myself a break doing some sewing, repairing the shapers from one of my soft bra tops. They're only cheap ones from Primark and the fabric of the shapers needed stitching back on to the foam. A nice relaxing bit of hand sewing. Once that was done I turned to my new crochet project. The first step was to get the hang of the crocodile stitch or as I like to think of it the dragon scale stitch. Last time I did the pattern I used a book of crochet stitches to help me understand the terminology and translate from US to UK terms. (Things like fphdc! - front post half double crochet.) Because my book is still buried in a box somewhere I found myself turning to YouTube as well as peering closely at the instructions and photos on my original pattern and ended up with something that was almost there but also had the look of a crochet fishing net. I knew the original stitch/pattern had been recently developed by the person I bought the pattern from but I thought I'd try searching for it on the web, and what do you know? Duh! There's a tutorial for the whole stitch on YouTube which I shall work through tomorrow.

 

No comments: