Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 May 2009

Back To The Carboot.

It's been much cloudier today with a chill wind so I decided to go to today's carboot instead of the Bank Holiday one. Same place, same crowds as last time. Most things could be found there including a kitchen sink with taps. Most pleasurable moment - walking past the doughnut stand and smelling that sweet smell of fresh made doughnuts. Least pleasurable moment - being followed by someone pushing a toddler in a buggy just behind me and said child constantly playing some horrible mechanical tune producing toy. I spent nearly 2 hours going around the carboot sale and bought a few items including a leather purse as mine is very tatty and a (new) round silicone cake tin. I love these and have been replacing all my old metal cake tins with silicone, so much easier to use. There are not many craft stalls at a carboot as people are looking for cheap bargains. This was the first time I had seen these quirky bird houses.
Back home I pottered a little in the garden and had some reading time. My peace was interrupted by Percy who was constantly squealing at her babysitter. She didn't like her babysitter lying down in the sunshine and kept nuzzling her and then making baby squeals and pawing at her.




You can see how the babysitter is trying to close her eyes for a little snooze in the sunshine. Naughty Percy.



Some of the other horses were also out enjoying the sunshine.




The rubus hedge is covered with these magenta flowers, a successful choice for a hedge I think.

4 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

What wonderful bird boxes. I've never been a great car booter but you make it sound a lot of fun.

Marrisa said...

I love those bird boxes!!!!

I was going to write some other stuff here but I am in shock that Julie has never been to a car booter...my goodness! x

Julie said...

those are cool bird boxes and yeah for finding good deals. I wish Hungary had this concept. All the Americans do get together at the Christian school once a year and put together a garage sale...it is next weekend actually, not sure if I will be a part of it.

Oh, and I did not get the email.... could you please resend it and thanks for the info on days of the week!

happyone said...

Love the birdhouses.
I sure hope we get some sunshine soon. Another wet day here!