Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 17 May 2009

Equine Close-Ups.

I'm too old for this going to bed at 3.00 lark. I feel shattered today and I've got so much work to do for school . I've spent all day inputting information into the children's e-profiles. We weren't sure quite how much information is needed for the comments sections but as I've got a Moderator coming in 2 weeks to check on how I'm assessing the children I thought I'd better err on the side of caution. This moderator came2 years ago and was pretty harsh, not surprising when you think that their only justification for their fat paychecks is if we are not doing the job properly and need their guidance ! I'm trying not to let myself get stressed but naturally I want to do my best even if it doesn't really matter. One good thing is that finally, yesterday I sent off 2 lots of forms and documents to the NZ teaching authorities. Regular followers of this blog might think that I've been a long time getting to this point. But I've had to collect, copy and certify (some of) 155 documents for each form going back 30 years and more. That's alongside teaching full-time which could, if I let it , take up all of my time. Half-way through the day I gave myself a break and went for a little walk to say hello to the ponies.
Here's little Percy amongst the daisies.
This gentle horse came over to say hello.

Reading Pioneer Woman's blog inspired me to try a few close ups. I love the way my reflection has been caught in the horse's eye.


There is nothing so soft and velvety as a horse's muzzle. We had a very chilled out session with me giving this horse a gentle face massage/cuddle. I miss working with horses, at one time I looked after several people's horses on a daily basis. Maybe one day I'll get back to it. Although I live next door to a stables, work and family have left me with no time to mess around with horses.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Those are great close ups. I really like the eye!!

Catching the Magic said...

Just love those close-ups! Congrats on getting all the paper work together for NZ - phew - mammoth effort! Wishing you all the very best of luck with your applications. You really will love the adventures here. Sounds like a perfect time in your life for a change and there's nothing like a move to reinvigorate the senses (not that you need it - your sense are always highly attuned to the beautiful world around!).

Got everything crossed for you!

Best wishes, Sarah x

Domestic Executive said...

Great close ups Ruta. The one with the reflection in the eye is amazing.

Congratulations on the paperwork front. You'll have to get used to all the paperwork associated with moving her. The immigration people will require a pile too.

Good to know you're one step further forward. I bet that feels good for you.