Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 May 2009

Rain Again.

The strong winds of the last few days have completely died away but the rain set in mid-afternoon and it's been raining ever since. As I look out of the window the trees are so still they almost look like a giant stage set or one of those holographic pictures. I'm so used to seeing the constant motion of the leaves in the wind. This morning I didn't feel much like getting out of bed and as I drove up the hill neither Percy nor her babysitter could be bothered to get up. Percy is actually fast asleep.
At school I still had 6 children away. The classroom is swarming with plastic bugs as the campsite has now become a Jungle Explorer's Camp. The children spend a lot of time looking for tiny photos of minibeasts which we hide all around the classroom. It's a good thing that none of us has a phobia about spiders or other bugs. Some of the bigger than life size models are very realistic.
As there weren't many photo opportunities today here are a few more pictures taken in the marsh yesterday. I was only walking for half an hour and there wasn't any sun but there was still plenty to see.
Cattle grazing in a meadow.

A couple of ducks on one of the drainage ditches.


Wildflowers.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

It is amazing what you can enjoy when you look out for it - having a camera certainly forces me to look for things in a way I didn't before.