Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Strange Livestock.

More glorious sunshine this afternoon after the morning's downpours. I had a chance today to put last night's art session into practice and the children have mixed colours to paint shaded caterpillars. Their caterpillars look so good that I had to clear a display board for them and rather than put up new backing paper I had a bit of fun with some paint to create a leafy background for the caterpillars. I'll just get the children to put some detail on their caterpillars and then we can put them straight up on display. I believe very strongly that children's art work should be acknowledged and displayed whenever possible.
On the way home I was surprised by the occupants of one field. Looking back towards the main road, (down in the gap between the trees,) that field was empty.
Swinging around a little, I could see some dairy cows on the horizon enjoying the spring flowers.

On the opposite side were fields of sheep and lambs .


And finally there was a small flock of canada geese grazing in another field. Not a completely unusual site near water but the nearest open water to this field is probably the lake at Arlington Court a few miles away, or else my neighbour's small lake also a couple of miles away.
Only a quick post tonight as it is past my bedtime and I've still got some school work to do.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Quite a variety of fields!!
Looks like it is very windy there with how the tree grew like that.
It seems those Canada Geese are all over the world!! :-)

Domestic Executive said...

I like the geese pictures. Such clarity - what a wonderful sight to cheer you up after work!