Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Stormy Weather

It was so cold this morning, I almost wished I'd put the central heating back on. It was grey and misty on the drive to school, typical British summer weather. It wasn't the nicest day to take half my class sketching flowers in the Secret Garden but we wrapped up well and the children enjoyed working outside. The sun came out for an hour this afternoon and I rushed to get home thinking I could sit and do my paperwork outside. No chance of that as I drove home under a grey cloud with drops of rain appearing on the windscreen. At home all the plants were being blown every which way by the storm which is now raging outside. Romas has just lit a fire in the wood burner which is roaring away making the room nice and warm so we can indulge in some easy tv viewing.
Swine flu leaflets are due to appear on our doorsteps any day now, should we be worrying about the possible pandemic ? At the moment I think not as the actual flu does not seem so bad and is responding to Tamiflu.


2 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like we are having the same weather as you. More rain for us again.
I think the panic over the flu is starting to die down a bit here. The have opened the schools again that were closed because one person had the flu.

Catching the Magic said...

Same weather here in NZ too! The flu talk has finally given way to more interesting headlines after over a week of nothing else to report upon.
We had a wicked storm last night and it's blowing a gale outside tonight - I must put away all the summer toys and balls as they are making a racket! The gutters are in desperate need of a clear out too!