Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 8 May 2009

Velator - Favourite Pictures.

There are several of these barns scattered about on the Great Field. They have a simple beauty with their clean lines and soft grey stonework.
" I say,Son. Do you think that human is bringing us food?"

"Nope"



The hedges near by the quay were festooned with bright blue periwinkle flowers and the air was scented? with the distinctive aroma of the May Blossom (hawthorn).




A drainage ditch meandering across the field with the sand dunes of Braunton Burrows on the horizon. These are the biggest sand dune system in the UK and were the reason we came to Devon on holiday. Every year we would rent a chalet for 3 weeks right on the sand dunes. Dogs and children had plenty of space to roam and it was a 5 minute walk to the beach.



The camera darkened up the sky making a dramatic picture.



Blue skies started to appear right at the end of my walk.
The weather has been pretty dramatic today. Gale force winds and heavy rain one minute and blue skies with bright sunshine (but still the wind), the next. I know I live in a lovely valley but I still would love to be watching the sea outside my window with the waves being churned up by the wind rather than the (very beautiful) trees being blown about in the storm. I put it down to originally living in St Ives just a stone's throw from the beach.
My tooth (or the space where it was ) hasn't settled down since my visit to the Dental Hospital so I rang them today and they suggested that I see my dentist as I don't want to go back to Bristol unless absolutely necessary. I got an appointment for 4.00 and the dentist packed the hole with an antiseptic dressing which tastes strongly of oil of cloves, an old remedy that I have in my medicine box. Bit of a strange taste when you're trying to eat your supper. I also got a prescription for antibiotics which might help the old sinuses.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Sorry you're not completely recovered from you tooth op. Sounds like the old rememdies continue to be the best.

I loved these pictures - those sheep are characters.